[ale] Slightly OT: decent disk usage/file viewer for Android?

neal at mnopltd.com neal at mnopltd.com
Sat Mar 12 13:16:34 EST 2022

Hmm.  When I'm on the go and have to show someone a problem, running
home to pry the holster apart, then pry the case apart, to take out the
SD, to stuff it elsewhere, doesn't fit my workflow.   YMMV.

Conveniently, RTA Pro offers no options w.r.t. where it saves.  It SAYS
in the save dialog that it is saving to the SD-Card.    It then throws
up a Toast for a few seconds, which I have captured.  It says it has
saved my audio frequency scan screenshot to
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/radonsoft.net/rtapro/files/RtaGraph.jpg.

Taking a wild guess, and using the native Samsung My Files app, and
looking at the SD card, the Android folder has a data folder which SAYS
it has 200 items in it.

However, click on that data folder, and it shows one folder -
com.sec.android.app.myfiles.   Hmm.  Where did the other 199 items go?

It is feeling to me like another non-helpful helpful attempt by Android
apps to hide things from me that might hurt me.

regards,

Neal