[ale] Accessing Brother scanner from Linux

jon.maddog.hall@gmail.com jonhall80 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 17 18:10:34 EDT 2022

I have a Brother MFC-9645DW which, like yours, can be connected via USB and WiFi.  I have never tried connecting it with USB, but it works like a champ with WiFi.  I can print single-sided, double-sided, etc.  I can also scan using the scanner over WiFi with single page or the bulk scanner using the "Simple Scan" application.

I am using Mint 19.3 64-bit Intel with Cinnamon

I did not install any additional software from Brother or anything else, just the printer and scanner software that came with the system.

The printer shows up in the printer administration software.  I will attach a couple of screen shots showing the printer.

md