[ale] Document Scanner Recommendations

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Thu Jun 16 10:02:36 EDT 2022

On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 06:20:43AM -0400, Jonathan Meek via Ale wrote:
> I wanted to see if anyone had scanner recommendations that work well
> with Linux. I am looking at the Brother line of document scanners but
> didn’t easy Linux support based on an internet search.

By "document scanner" you mean something that scas sheets of paper and
has an automatic feeder?  And ideally duplex as well?

I recently picked up an old Fujitsu fi-6130z unit; it's of the sort
you'll typically see in medical offices where they need to scan in large
stacks of stuff quickly.  They last approximately forever and can handle
a lot of physical abuse.

This model (and other fujitsus) are well supprted by SANE, and it makes
quick work of whaver I feed into it.

I also have an old Canon flatbed that works well, but it's not so great
when you need to scan in more than a page or two at a time.

ANYhoo.  Back to the bitmines.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      @pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)