[ale] You know you're getting old....

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Jul 15 17:05:09 EDT 2022

Sean Kilpatrick via Ale said on Fri, 15 Jul 2022 14:24:10 -0400

>My brother was a COBOL programer when the date-mess occured.  He VERY
>quickly took all references to COBOL off his CV.  And other than a few
>government agencies that are stuck with antiquated equipment, who is
>still using COBOL??

You'd be surprised what a nice language GNU Cobol is. Does it displace
Python and C as my high and low level daily driver languages? No. But
it's really not bad.

As far as COBOL in the wild, there's still plenty of it, enough so that
some companies are training young people in COBOL.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Summer 2022 featured book: Making Mental Models: Advanced Edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mmm