[ale] OT: Can anyone recommend a KVM switch?

lnxgnome lnxgnome at hopnet.net
Tue Feb 15 17:40:26 EST 2022

I'll second IOGEAR. I'd been using a 4-port iogear KVM switch (DVI &
USB2.0) for 5+ years. I'm down to two computers on my desktop, and
neither have DVI ports, so the iogear went into a box unit I need it for
something else.

I'm now on a Avmton 2port HDMI KVM, that I don't use for KVM. I use it
for a USB switch, because it was relatively cheap, and has *hot-keys*. I
switch between video inputs on the monitors themselves.  That gives me
either computer on either monitor, or both, or one computer on one
monitor and the other computer on the other monitor.

I've had good luck with USB-2-PS2 adapters and aBelkin 2-port (VGA/PS2)
KVM (both products bought 10+ years ago, so never-mind ....)

Also consider a software KVM, like Barrier/Synergy/Mouse without
Borders. I used Barrier before, and Synergy before it became a
commercial product.