[ale] Back to new the desktop question

William Bagwell william at alt-config.net
Fri Dec 16 20:13:58 EST 2022

On Friday, December 16, 2022 06:19:15 AM Leam Hall via Ale wrote:
> ASUS B550 mobo
>    - NVMe OS drive (MBR boot)
>    - Intel NIC (not Realtek)
>    -
> https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-ROG-B550-F-Motherboard-Addressable/dp/B088
> W7RKVZ

Shocked at the price jump from F to E, but for future proofing went with
the E. My thought is the mobo is the hardest thing to upgrade later with
out starting over from scratch. No current need for USB type C and could
get the WiFi way cheaper with an adapter. Done deal and already here.

One item on my shopping list you will likely not have on yours is a drive
bay usb hub. Possibly one with card readers built in. Case I'm reusing
has no front ports:-( Otherwise a very nice case as far as accessibility.
Not a 'looker' but lives hidden behind a door in my desk.

And thank you for starting this thread!
--
William