[ale] Why Kali linux?

DJPfulio at jdpfu.com DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Sun Dec 4 12:28:20 EST 2022

On 12/4/22 10:04, Jim Kinney via Ale wrote:
> Saw a report quite a while back that Kali was often seen at the AZ
> security conference and was usually the successful attack target due
> to it's inherent insecurity.
>
> But that was many moons/beers ago and the organic ram is sometimes
> random to the point of useless.

Kali is for launching attacks and has most tools setup already for that purpose.  It is not meant to be used as a server or desktop driver. It is for penetration testing only.  I think the login used is root!

Don't plan to use Kali as a daily driver.  Everyone I know either runs it in a VM or has a dedicated laptop for it to take on security engagements along with their normal laptop for presentations and report creation.

It is really setup for scanning networks, finding known vulnerabilities, wifi hacking and bluetooth hacking.

Why do people still use bluetooth at all and why do they use wifi without a VPN too, even inside their LAN?

Sigh.