[ale] Back to new the desktop question

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 10:31:05 EST 2022

Never underestimate the constant annoyance of loud system fans. Unless the
hearing is already burned out in that frequency range, getting a large box
to hold large, quieter fans is a sanity/marriage saver.

I'll never forget the total daggers look as I turned on the first 1U in the
basement. The words "You aren't going to leave that running, are you?" was
clearly the indicator I had screwed up. There were 5 more coming online
that day. It was not a good day/month until I replaced them with 2U and
4U.  Sound insulation has no impact on memory.