[ale] Back to new the desktop question

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 09:14:23 EST 2022

Any new CPU is an upgrade! RAM is always king but fast storage is an
amazing performance boost. A large-ish spinning rust hard drive for
archival (video, tarballs, ISO's, etc) plus an NVME drive for OS and /home
will feel like an all-RAM machine.

I've been doing big systems for so long I automatically think of 128GB RAM
is a minimum. Then I realized it's going to be my gear and money...