[ale] Back to new the desktop question

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 07:45:14 EST 2022

The old dell 960 is starting to flake out, and everything else I have is older and slower.

The AMD Ryzen 5 5600X has my attention, since I don't do a lot of gaming or graphics. Is there a better CPU, with a decent price point? Most of what I do is email, websearch, and Python. Occasionally run docker to test something in an image.

Part of me wants a motherboard that can take several 32Gb memory sticks, while the other part of me notes that of the 2.4G of ram currently used, almost half of it is cached stuff.

So, opinions on the 5600X, and suggestions on a motherboard for a small tower?

Thanks!

Leam

--
Automation Engineer        (reuel.net/resume)
Scribe: The Domici War     (domiciwar.net)