[ale] State of text based email programs?

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Sun Apr 24 08:49:26 EDT 2022

On Sun, Apr 24, 2022 at 07:16:28AM -0500, Leam Hall via Ale wrote:
> I used to use Pine and Mutt, are they still the best choice? Mutt seems like it's still active, Pine may not be.

Mutt's quite active still, but PINE has been dead for some time.
_Alpine_ on the other hand... a compelte rewrite of PINE but keeps the
same UI, and is still actively developed too (last realease about 6
months ago)

  http://alpine.x10host.com/

> Recommendations for a non-thunderbird open source mailer that can take
> in the decade or two of email I have?

I use mutt, with 'notmuch' to index ... well, everything.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      @pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)