[ale] OT: SSD format

Brian Stanaland brian at stanaland.org
Sat Apr 9 15:03:23 EDT 2022

The importance of SSD firmware hit home for HPE a while back.

https://www.hpe.com/us/en/services/sas-ssd-advisory.html

Because of a bug in firmware, SSDs were failing at either 4 years, 206 days
16 hours or 3 years, 270 days, 8 hours. Absolutely nothing physically wrong
with the drives. But no data could be written OR retrieved.

Brian