[ale] Remove systemd network handling

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Sep 23 02:33:48 EDT 2021

Alex Carver via Ale said on Sun, 19 Sep 2021 23:21:20 -0700

>The beef is that it's handling something I don't need handled.

Handling things we don't need handled is what systemd is best known
for. Today it's networking. Tomorrow perhaps home directories. One day
it will grow its own package manager and systemd distros will drop
their own. In its five years, systemd has repeatedly solutioned things
that already had great solutions. As long as systemd is used at all,
one is constantly at risk of this kind of situation.

SteveT

Steve Litt