[ale] Remove systemd network handling

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Mon Sep 20 19:46:23 EDT 2021

I do have a router/firewall that is running without systemd and uses
only /etc/network/interfaces for the multiple NICs.  Thankfully that's
been ok so far but I'm going to check again in case something slipped in
like it did with this other machine.

The network service is likely fine and helpful with a laptop that moves
around a lot.  A static machine doesn't need that.  I'm hoping this is
the fix because there's nothing else that indicates a hardware issue.
My data loggers just show various commands timing out and then, when it
tries to reconnect automatically, I get an error "no route to host"
which usually indicates the interface dropped entirely.  The script
retries several times a few seconds apart so the second try usually
responds.  I only know about it because one of the collection threads
will die because it times out too many times before the reconnect
happens and I'm left looking at a database with missing data.