[ale] Remove systemd network handling

Horkan Smith ale at horkan.net
Mon Sep 20 16:51:08 EDT 2021

Sounds like you've gotten it turned off, cool!

Just in case someone else needs it, I'll note that I *don't* have a copy of my /etc/network/interfaces file in /etc/systemd/network, instead in my case I put several *.network files, which look something like:

[horkan at danube network]$ cat 50-eth1.network
[Match]
Name=eth1

[Network]
DHCP=no
LinkLocalAddressing=no

[Address]
Address=192.168.10.1/24

[horkan at danube network]$ cat 50-eth0.network
[Match]
Name=eth0

[Network]
DHCP=yes
DNSSEC=no

and even

[horkan at danube network]$ cat en.network
[Match]
Name=en*

[Network]
DHCP=yes
DNSSEC=no

(I'm using this machine as a dsnmasq server & NAT router, thus the multiple ethernets.)

Sorry, I should've documented *what* I put that dir a little better in my first message.....

I'd have to dig around a little to see if this would work on raspbian, or if this arch-based distro would use an 'interfaces' file in the /etc/systemd/network directory....  I worked out the .network file approach from "man systemd.network", FWIW.

The Arch distro doesn't even have an /etc/network directory; I think that's a Debian thing they're continuing to support for backward compatibility.

later!
   horkan