[ale] [ALE] So the winner is?

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Wed May 19 15:37:10 EDT 2021

On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 03:33:01PM -0400, Leam Hall via Ale wrote:
> I have done so for a long time, but now I believe that AWS and Docker
> are making Linux less of a thing. You'll still need a desktop, but
> enterprises are going serverless; it can be economically viable to do
> so. Linux won't go away tomorrow, but if I was a young person I
> wouldn't stake my career on it.

That's like saying "I don't care about farmers because I get my food
from the store!"

Those AWS instances and Docker images are very much running Linux.  And
someone still needs to create/maintain/support them.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      @pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)