[ale] [ALE] So the winner is?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue May 18 10:22:38 EDT 2021

On 5/18/21 9:43 AM, Chuck Payne via Ale wrote:
> Ok, Question for the group. I have a number of CentOS machines in my
> home lab that I need to replace.  Thus the subject of my email, who
> is now the true CentOS replacement?
>
> Has anyone tried it?
>
> I have a dev. account with Red Hat, they do give 16 seats, but I like
> to use something to replace CentOS.

Debian stable?

Some recent changes to Ubuntu, including their Server distro, has gotten server people very concerned, even with 10 yrs of patch support available.
* Live Boot environment for installers breaks most auto-install methods
* Snaps pre-installed on the server (snaps don't like NFS)

Why not RHEL? Is the issue political or concerns over RH2 deciding to change the rules in the future?