[ale] Great geek giveaway #3?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat May 8 19:30:13 EDT 2021

I think I have a problem. I've acquired even more stuff that now needs a new home. Several 1U systems, dell and supermicro, some mobos and opteron cpus, a smattering of ram sticks, some sas cards, a drive array, more parts, cables, stuff, an old imac with a now wonky screen (suspect cable issue-worked fine before I found out the hard drive MUST be apple approved), some ide optical drive (wtf do I still have these!?), ancient, not bit coin capable gen1 nvidia tesla gpus that are total power hogs and dedicated 300W ps for each, a lto3 tape system or 2 or 3, some extra lto drives that may or may not work, a vxa tape system or 3, a large, very heavy 220V battery backup with a flaky board I'm just not gonna troubleshoot, and probably at least one cheap squarehole rack from starcase.com

I'm ready to turn off the power and cooling in my server closet.

Timeframe is unknown. I'm stupid busy at work and need to verify drives are wiped.

--
Computers amplify human error
Super computers are really cool