[ale] Flame war topics

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 13:22:40 EDT 2021

I haven't done a lot of research on why, but American beer makes me ill
for days. Not snobbishly, but hold my stomach and want to die after one
beer. German beer, brewed according to the Reinheitsgebot, does not have
that effect. I can do a second beer and feel fine the next day. Again,
not a lot of research but I tend towards darker.

My wife has been making pizza and some "pastas" from squash. Julianne
cut does great for an alfredo.

On 3/28/21 12:01 PM, Jon "maddog" Hall via Ale wrote:
> A perfect topic for the "ALE" mailing list:
>
> I like all the beers and ales mentioned so far, but I think a Russian
> Imperial Stout is really good, and the higher the alcohol content, the
> better.
>
> A rye beer is good every once in a while, as is an oat beer.   While I
> have a rule of thumb that "grain is for beer and fruit is for wine", I
> will drink a fruited lambic.
>
> I love brewing my own, starting with a traditional recipe and changing
> it slightly, and getting together a "crew" for brewing and drinking is
> always fun.
>
> md
>> On 03/28/2021 11:30 AM Pete Hardie via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>> IPAs are fine, but over-marketed these days. Brown ales, Scotch ales,
>> porters, blocks, all deserve more attention.
>> Tortellini rules.
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 28, 2021, 10:36 Jim Kinney via Ale < ale at ale.org
>> <mailto:ale at ale.org>> wrote:
>>
>>     Flame war topics "best beer style" (obviously an Imperial Stout is
>>     the clear winner) and "the best pasta shape" (clearly rotini since
>>     is holds sauce best) are the only 2 worth discussing. :-)
>>
>>     Now if someone is making an Imperial Stout pasta sauce....
>>     --
>>     Computers amplify human error
>>     Super computers are really
>>     See JOBS, ANNOUNCE and SCHOOLS lists at
>>     http://mail.ale.org/mailman/listinfo

Site Reliability Engineer  (reuel.net/resume)
Chronicler: The Domici War (domiciwar.net)
General Ne'er-do-well      (github.com/LeamHall)