[ale] iPXE and localhost drive boot

Brian MacLeod nym.bnm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 17:06:07 EDT 2021

Exit is supposed to work, but it has also been seen before that it
doesn't.  Sometimes it is configuration (are the disks listed after netboot
in BIOS/UEFI), and sometimes it is a bug.

I have seen where "exit 1" can fix this.

I have also used the following hack:

# Boot the first local HDD
sanboot --no-describe --drive 0x80

bnm