[ale] iPXE and localhost drive boot

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 14:13:52 EDT 2021

Trying to get ipxe to default to the equivalent of pxe for calling localhost grub/grub2. It seems a batch of dell bios see the "exit" command output as "I've done everything so skip the next entry in boot order and start again".

Old way called localhost 0xffff and system picked up whatever the drive subsystem presented for a bootable area. iPXE has no such command that I see.

Ideas? I'm about to chainload a pxelinux.0 and call localhost but that seems like a kludge.
--
Computers amplify human error
Super computers are really cool