[ale] local fileserver to cloud replacement?

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Mon Mar 1 16:02:43 EST 2021

On Mon, Mar 01, 2021 at 03:48:49PM -0500, Brent Laminack via Ale wrote:
> Our organization wants to move about 3.5Tb of data from a local file server
> (windows server 2012 R2) to a cloud-based solution. We want to use OneLogin
> for SSO and provisioning. What would you recommend? Office
> 365/Sharepoint/OneDrive? Google Workspaces? Box? Nextcloud? any
> recommendations or anti-recommendations would be welcome. Thanks,

Questions:

 * How many folks need to get to it
 * Using what mechanism(s)
 * Write-once, or more adhoc?
 * Who manages accounts?
 * Privacy (/regulatory) requirements
 * Reliability requirements
 * Bandwidth/performance requirements
 * Budget

In other words, "why are you moving it outside your firewall?"

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      @pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)