[ale] Need an Ethernet cutoff relay

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Sat Jul 31 04:45:02 EDT 2021

I don't need a switch sensitive to shock, there is an accelerometer
already built into the camera.  I need a GHz/GbE capable relay that can
cut off all four pairs which means it has to be purpose built rather
than GPIO like those RPi hats.

This is also not meant to be controlled by me over the network, instead
the relay is controlled out-of-band with hardwire that comes from the
camera back to the relay.  Once the accelerometer trips, the relay will
drop out and I'll have a latch that prevents it from being powered up
again until I go into the closet and press a bypass switch.