[ale] OT: ethernet port issues

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Sat Jul 24 14:40:31 EDT 2021

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 02:27:26PM -0400, Boris Borisov via Ale wrote:
>  PC looses connectivity with Cisco switch. When I go to site there is no
> LED lit on PC ethernet port. Once I unplug and plug cable back connection
> is restored.
>
> Possible causes?

flaky port on switch, flaky port on PC, flaky cable?

I don't know what sort of logging the cisco switch has, but if the PC is
running Linux there might be something useful in the logs when the
connection drops.

Oh, other possiblities: adminsistrative action/policies on either
side, plus the ever possible spectre of plain ol' software bugs.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      @pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)