[ale] Ubuntu Desktop versus Ubuntu Server?

neal at mnopltd.com neal at mnopltd.com
Thu Jan 21 20:38:56 EST 2021

Thanks for the replies.   I fumbled my way through CTRL-ALT-F2 to get to
a plain text login screen.

Display is swell using that.  I've got ssh installed and hopefully can
do the remainder of the setup from command line.

The JackTrip server doesn't use audio interfaces.   It listens for
multiple clients sending uncompressed audio over the network, mixes the
audio together, and quickly sends it back out to all the clients.   It's
a music thang; but the server itself doesn't need to convert to/from
analog audio.

Funny thing; I did make a 20.04.1 server ISO, but attempting to boot it
to re-install doesn't work now that I've already installed the Desktop
20.04.1.  It boots off the DVD, but then decides to continue with the
desktop startup.