[ale] So, who do we like for a new 4 port gigabit LAN/WAN Firewall Routers these days?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed Feb 24 16:45:19 EST 2021

> Unless you're using IPv6, in which case Mikrotik has a 7-year-old (or
> more) oustanding issue regarding routing rules.  At least with Unifi
> there's the linux shell that lets you do most anything, but Mikrotik is
> ... more limited.

Almost every IPv6 issue that I've had was solved easily:
 GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="ipv6.disable=1 quiet splash"

Used to be easier, pre-systemd, in the sysctl.conf, but alas change
for the sake of change is the new hotness.

Except a recent Firefox update broke until I manually disabled IPv6
inside the about:config there too. Still fighting with a recent
FF update. Can't get webpages to load into new tabs reliably. Some
tabs refuse to load anything, ever. Others won't reload, ever.
But if I take the URL from the tabs not loading, open a new tab and
paste, it almost always loads.