[ale] So, who do we like for a new 4 port gigabit LAN/WAN Firewall Routers these days?

Raj Wurttemberg rajaw at c64.us
Wed Feb 24 07:30:54 EST 2021

Yes and no. :)  Yes, pfSense does use a "computer" (isn't most everything a computer these days?  Haha!), but you could do what I do and run a firewall appliance like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Firewall-Appliance-Gigabit-AES-NI-Barebone/dp/B072ZTCNLK/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

It's inexpensive, runs cool, doesn't need a fan, and uses very little power.

pfSense also sells their own appliances that are pretty decently priced.

https://www.pfsense.org/products/

/Raj