[ale] How old is this list?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 16:56:01 EST 2021

I miss my huge, cue ball size trackball. Alas, it was a serial mouse. One of my cats would continue to try to steal the ball after he knocked it off my desk once and it rolled away.

I once dug through the archives and found my first post. What a noob! Now I'm "the old guy". Wouldn't be where I am were it not for ALE. Would be a lot smaller if I would drink less ale 🤣

Linux is so much more than it used to be. I'm very glad Maddog gave that alpha to Linus! Stood in a line to get that first AMD Opteron cpu and mobo and had a working, mostly 64-bit install about 6 hours later. To bad that box got hit by lightning 5 weeks later.

Good times.

--
Computers amplify human error
Super computers are really cool