[ale] Ale hosting changing

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Fri Sep 25 12:46:57 EDT 2020

All,

Do consider a virtual server for $6/mo from:

  interserver.net

That gets terabytes/mo and 30 GB of disk running the latest CentOS.
Another 30 GB is only $3/mo.  My brother has been using them for years and
reports very good service.  I've had the server for a month.  There was
one unexplained shutdown that I suspect was a screwup by their people
but my brother says extremely rare.  I get my own IP and no restrictions
on ports or what I run.

They will charge extra for CPanel.  I'm happy with my ssh connection and backup secure access via a
web page.  A dedicated server is $60/mo.

I just relocated (this week) my hosting from a friend's home server.  As with Jim due to Comcast
overcharging him $161/mo in NH!

The server is physically located in NJ.  For slightly more one can have a server in NY or Texas.

I have mostly retired and moved to South Florida (Fort Lauderdale) to a place right on the ocean.  It's
true.  Programmers and SysAdmins can survive to retirement ... barely!  I do get back to Georgia every
month or two.  I will keep in touch.  Live long and prosper.

Bob Toxen
bob at VerySecureLinux.com               [Please use for business email to me]
bob at cavu.info                         [Please use for personal email to me]
transam at VerySecureLinux.com           [Please use for ALE      email to me]

http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]
Quality spam and virus filters.

them all and in the darkness grind them. In the Land of Redmond where
the shadows lie...and the Eye is everwatching"
-- The Silicon Valley Tarot Henrique Holschuh with ... Bob