[ale] Georgia Absentee voting request

Bob Toxen transam at VerySecureLinux.com
Wed Sep 9 14:19:23 EDT 2020

If you mail your vote-by-mail ballot mail it EARLY, preferable at least
two weeks before November 3!

Be sure to CANCEL YOUR OLD VOTER REGISTRATION.  This prevents a ballot
from being mailed to your old address and the new resident voting in
your name for the other candidate!  Call that county to find out how.
This is critical if you moved to a new state.

Then, a few weeks later check online at that county's web site to ensure
that it actually was cancelled.  (I did this recently when I moved from
Gwinnett County to Fort Lauderdale, FL.  I miss the wonderful people of
Georgia as this place is infested with rude New Yorkers but now I live
across the A1A from the beach.  I do periodically get back to GA.)

Bob