[ale] [Semi-OT] DIY Airstream living, nice technology

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Sep 8 13:28:05 EDT 2020

My parents were full-timers for a long time. They towed a small car
behind their diesel RV - that was their 3rd one. Towed a car behind
the smaller 2nd RV too.  The first was a trailer which could sleep 9.

We had major holidays in the RV.  Xmas in Brownsville, TX, birthdays
in upstate NY, often, we'd be at other family houses for Xmas after
the first few years rambling. Only once did my parents park for a
month. They hated that. Always wanted to keep moving. After about 4
yrs doing that, they compromised with 6-months out and 6-months at a
house somewhere.

I know most of the lifestyle RV and issues. Dad was President of a
nationwide RV club.

Have a friend who built their own trailer out into an RV.  They were
fairly new at it and made a bunch of rookie mistakes.  The people in
that video weren't rookies when they did the 2nd Airstream.

Things are much easier today than when my parents lived in theirs,
provided you know what you are getting into. Plan to have a "starter
RV", if you are interested in this stuff.  Renting one for a week is
a good introduction before making any huge commitment. Some people
love it. For others, the reality they find is very different from their
dreams.  Some go smaller, some go larger.

Taylor from DC404 has been full-timing for years now - a decade?