[ale] not nefarious need to figure out login

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Wed Nov 11 12:39:59 EST 2020

I can't remember whether Raspberry Pi usually has something like grub.

If so, you can put your own init on the kernel command line.

Using /bin/sh as init allows PID 1 to be the Bourne shell, which you'll be
using as UID 0, root.

Not everything will be as usual, because init won't have started all the
services, etc., but often that's enough to mount the root filesystem
read-write and then change things around.

  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>