[ale] Firewalls and UPNP

Robert L. Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Mon May 4 11:03:59 EDT 2020

So my son and I work at the same company and for team meetings we're using
discord.  I'm trying to set up so we can use Discord in the house behind
the NAT.  Discord it seems though wants a massive range of ports forwarded
directly from the firewall to my PC, which means he can't use it.
Supposedly it'll work with UPnP though.  I tried using miniupnpd, but that
seems to not work correctly with my iptables.

Has anyone gotten miniupnp or similar working for things which need that
type of dynamic port forwarding? ( Ring doorbells? )

Robert

--
:wq!
Robert L. Harris

DISCLAIMER:
       ALONE.  I speak for                      First One Should Be A Man
       no-one else.                                     - Manowar