[ale] semi OT: systemd-homed

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri May 1 16:03:41 EDT 2020

Hi Jim,

Could you please draw a block diagram of your key retrieval from ldap
via FreeIPA idea, including interactions with systemd, LUKS, D-Bus,
logind, and any remnants of PAM?

Afterwords, as we gaze upon your diagram, we can contemplate that
according to the article's author, systemd-homed was created to:

"So, for the simple act of logging in, three
mechanisms are required (systemd, /etc/shadow, /etc/passwd). This is
inefficient."

SteveT

Steve Litt
March 2020 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb