[ale] Is there anybody we don't hate too much for Refurbs?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri Oct 25 10:39:38 EDT 2019

I've had good luck with eBay purchases of off-lease laptops. The last
one came with a 90 day warranty and was about 50% off the price of a new
system.  The seller had tens of thousands of excellent reviews.  The
purchase was exactly as expected.  8th generation Core i5 for $305,
including factory ready Win10 install.

I never saw the Win10 - pulled the HDD and put in an SSD, then last
month repurposed that HDD for an emergency need before another HDD
failed.  I think the Win10 license is stored in the BIOS somewhere, but
I don't know anything about Win10 today.

I might be having the same Intuit problem as you, but not with TurboTax.
We dumped them decades ago over DRM and have been happily using a
different tool.