[ale] destroy old drives

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Sun Mar 31 16:02:22 EDT 2019

On 2019-03-31 11:48, Geoffrey Myers via Ale wrote:
> So, I’m cleaning up the basement.  Got a stack of old drivers I’m working to erase.  Many of which are, not surprisingly inaccessible.  Google says simply remove the platters and hammer them into shards.
>
> Thoughts?

If you're super worried because they contain the whereabouts of Jimmy
Hoffa or the actual identity of the person buried in Grant's Tomb, you
grind them up.

If you're pretty worried because they contain your prized collection of
Kenny G. you smash them into chunks.

If you're not quite so worried because they only contain cat videos then
you run them through a demagnitizer.

If you have no worry at all repurpose them for crafts, you can make a
nice clock background out of platters.

If you're crazy like me you try to revive them and use them in another
computer just for fun.