[ale] State of play re home Internet with static IP

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed Mar 6 11:48:19 EST 2019

Good info being shared for others considering, but it won't make any diff to you
or I.

There are many differences between our setups which could be cause for the
differences.
* 10 yrs ago
* Comcast Biz VoIP service + Biz ISP
* Splitters happen outside for Comcast
* Asked for TV on the biz account - how you ask questions matters
* Residential ISP was maintained for 6 months after Biz connection

Comcast isn't known for changing wiring if there isn't an issue.