[ale] State of play re home Internet with static IP

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Tue Mar 5 08:14:22 EST 2019

On Tue, Mar 05, 2019 at 03:31:36AM -0500, DJ-Pfulio via Ale wrote:
> I've been with Comcast Biz for almost a decade now. It is slow AND
> expensive. They bumped up the price another $2 in January.  TV cannot
> run over the same physical COAX as business Internet. Something about
> residential TV restrictions. That means the TV COAX and ISP COAX with
> Comcast will be separate.

Um, anyone telling you that is full of BS.  Biz/Residential share the
same physical infrastructure -- there's only one coax line on the pole
and only one line going to the house.  I can say that with certainty
because I've had Comcast Biz and Comcast Residential basic cable service
simultaneously since 2013.  (I pay for the Biz internet, basic CATV is
paid for by the HOA.  I have two separate accounts, and receive two
bills monthly -- the latter for $0.00.  All in all a waste of money IMO)

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Coconut Creek, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^