[ale] Xorg.conf help requested

Horkan Smith ale at horkan.net
Thu Jan 24 10:51:09 EST 2019

Are you sure you've set your Horizsync and VertRefresh set high enough for that resolution?

It's been awhile since I've had a monitor that needed me to set it, but the numbers you've got sound low....

your file:
        Horizsync 30-83
        VertRefresh 50-61

my old file: (unfortunately I don't remember the monitor specs...)
        HorizSync       28-121
        VertRefresh     43-160

>From the Amazon page for an NEC MultiSync PA271W-BK-SV 27-Inch LCD Monitor
	Resolution: 2560 x 1440
	Horizontal: 31.5-93.8/118.4kHz Vertical: 50-87Hz

later!
   horkan

p.s. Caution!  It *is* possible to damage some monitors by setting these too high!  Ideally, see if you can find the spec that matches your monitor; failing that, try to find specs for one that supports the same resolutions.  It's possible that's part of the EDID as well - maybe look through the EDID data to see if it's listed.  I'm pretty sure anything made in the last 2 decades has protection from that problem, but I'd hate for you to break it by accident.