[ale] My experiences switching GoDaddy to GreenGeeks

neal neal at mnopltd.com
Tue Feb 26 18:35:14 EST 2019

Y'all are making me feel better by the minute about my experiences migrating this weekend. Rather than dodging a bullet, I'm starting to feel like I dodged a large pile of .....Sent from phone, please excuse spealingk.
-------- Original message --------From: Brian Stanaland via Ale <ale at ale.org> Date: 2/26/19  3:41 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts <ale at ale.org> Subject: Re: [ale] My experiences switching GoDaddy to GreenGeeks I worked for a company that had all the customer domains through AWS but corporate was through GoDaddy. The corp accounts were set long before we decided to use AWS. When we asked GoDaddy about migrating corp to AWS, they gave us a "suggested actions" sheet and turned off our domains. Like...immediately. No warning or anything. On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 3:04 PM Neal Rhodes via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:Well, I cannot claim great planning, but my domain is registered with
A2, and I previously used GoDaddy for the mail and servers.

This meant that I could do all the setup on GreenGeeks, then when they
were ready, and had already grabbed our mailboxes, I switched the A2
domain to point to GreenGeeks on a Saturday night, and voila.

If things continue to work ok, I can turn off the Godaddy.  Or I could
even limp back to them.

Had the domain been registered with GoDaddy, I don't think this would
have been so clean.

regards,

Neal
See JOBS, ANNOUNCE and SCHOOLS lists at
http://mail.ale.org/mailman/listinfo
-- "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein