[ale] HDD Locked Up - Wife business pics in it!

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Dec 13 13:35:59 EST 2019

I use rsync over SSH to simulate a "tape rotation system".

I use rsync over SSH to simulate a "tape rotation system". The script generates outputs the commands for verification and you can run those. It uses hard links to conserve disk space.

To run the script for real: ./bu.sh | /bin/bash -ex
TARGET="backup"
# This will be overwritten do it needs to
# be deleted
printf '%s\n' "rm -rf ${TARGET}.50"
for ii in $(seq 49 -1 1); do
if [[ -e "${TARGET}.${ii}" ]]; then
printf '%s\n' "mv -v ${TARGET}.${ii} ${TARGET}.$(expr ${ii} + 1)"
fi
done
printf '%s\n' "cp -al  ${TARGET}.0 ${TARGET}.1";
printf '%s\n' 'rsync --delete -avz -e "ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null" --progress user at ip:dir/ ./${TARGET}.0/'