[ale] Why would a uverse ethernet work but not a switch?

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Tue Apr 9 22:51:39 EDT 2019

It might still be a firmware update that at first didn't have VLAN
support and then later did.

If you want to really test it, gather everything up together in one
location and replicate the configuration you have (TV + Router into
switch, switch into modem) with short patch cables.  If all works well
then yes you've got a broken wire in the infrastructure wiring.  If it
doesn't work you've got a VLAN problem.

It's also strange to see that your in-wall wiring is two pairs but wired
to 8p8c jacks?  Is it unshielded twisted pair (CAT3) or is it a bundled
run (straight wire) meant only for voice (in which case it should have
been using 6p4c/RJ12 connectors).