[ale] Why would a uverse ethernet work but not a switch?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue Apr 9 21:47:06 EDT 2019

Interesting concept, but that doesn't explain why it was working for a
month or more and just now failed.  Also, it does not matter which port on
the router I use..  In all cases the TV works but the switch does not..  At
least, it does not when I include the building wiring.  If I move the
switch to the router and plug it into the same port (unplugging the other
room) the switch works fine.  So I do not think it is the VLAN.
I think it is the wiring.
I just don't know what would cause the TV box to work but the switch not
work over the building wires.

-derek
Sent using my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.