[ale] OT? - Climate Change Will Cause Beer Shortages and Price Hikes

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 10:41:35 EDT 2018

The enzymes required for starch conversion are only good for about a
year even sealed in airtight containers and the malted grain is
uncrushed.  :-(
My 50# bag went from a yield of 6% ABV to 1.3% ABV in 2 years with the
same method and processing.
My last batch from that grain purchase I added the amylase enzyme
directly (about 1 cup, found a bag at Buford Hwy Farmers Market in the
rice, grains, other aisle) and got back up to 6.5%.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/zm95v4/climate-change-will-cause-beer-shortages-and-price-hikes-study-says
> > > We've gotta whip this climate change thing IMMEDIATELY!Like
> > > today. NOW!
> > --
> > James P. Kinney III
> > Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What
> > yougain at one end you lose at the other. It's like feeding a dog
> > on hisown tail. It won't fatten the dog.- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark
> > Twain
> > http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/

James P. Kinney III