[ale] Ergonomic keyboard that generates <alt>-F1 commands?

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Fri May 25 09:39:20 EDT 2018

Heh.  Get a mechanical keyboard.  They feel way better and they don't wear
out. I'm of the generation that learned to touch-type on a manual
typewriter.  I went through about a keyboard a year until my last gig,
where I was issued an IBM Model M
( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_M_keyboard ) good for about five
straight years of really heavy use. Lots of the Model M s built in the
'80's and '90's are still going strong.  On E-bay refurbished IBM 'buckling
spring' keyboards are running in the $100-$200 range.  They're pretty
noisy, but I kinda like the sound.

I am eagerly awaiting delivery on my custom 104-key V2 from wasdkeyboards (
http://wasdkeyboards.com).  It's a mechanical without silly LED lights or
other distractions.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

-- CHS