[ale] Kid's Mode

Aaron Ruscetta arxaaron at gmail.com
Mon May 21 00:14:23 EDT 2018

I run 10.6 and 10.7 on my main Mac systems. Refused
the forced migration when 10.8 and a couple subsequent
releases broke some critical softwares.

Internet is still mostly solid,  though browsers report that they
are no longer supported. Only big annoyance is having to
use Chrome for FaceBorg since Messenger hard crashes
the old Firefox pretty persistently. Chrome also for Netflix
streaming and Safari for Amazon and Mafia$oft Silverblight
(though I also have the ROKU III for those two sources, so
not critical that I support them on my computers).

Currently building a 10.12 Sierra image to see if I can migrate
to that and still have a functional system with all my mission
critical tools and interface preferences. The Mac garden wall
is always getting thicker and more annoying to cut through with
each downgrade release, but It looks like I can stay with Mac
for a few more years under 10.12.

I've pretty definitely bought my last Mac though, with the
recent salvage of 27" iMac to go with a deal on a 27"
ThunderBolt display. My best hardware systems are
all new enough to accept Sierra, so I can probably keep
my systems on line for another 7 years or so, after which
I can move to something FLOSS for the outside world
and continue my media work offline.

in peace,
aaron