[ale] Slightly OT: LineageOs is like discovering Santa Claus is real!!

Jonathan Meek jonathan.l.meek at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 17:18:58 EDT 2018

I have a Nexus 5X and it will be getting the EOF for security updates
around September. I am thinking to switch to LineageOS before hand but my
concern is security updates. Does LineageOS do a decent job on security
updates?

Also can anyone explain the EOF of security updates that Google is doing to
the Nexus line. Is it both software and baseband security updates?

I know it's a long shot that LineageOS would be able to do
baseband/firmware updates but if they are still pushing Android OS security
patches.

Jonathan