[ale] Fraudulent Transaction Funny for the Day

leam hall leamhall at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 15:19:16 EDT 2018

Sometimes bad things happen. Sometimes there's a silver lining that at
least gives you a chuckle.

A large, for me, transaction hit my PayPal account. I get an e-mail,
know it's fraud, and contact PayPal. As usual the call center folks
are pleasent and helpful. Unfortunately, even though they can dispute
the charge, they have to investigate. Makes sense. Mildly painful to
me for a week or so but I understand.

Since the charge came from a corporate office I give them a call and
ask to speak to their Fraud folks. Turns out they don't see the
transaction on their PayPal account. Since they sell firewalls and
security hardware I chuckle and suggest they may have an issue.

Sometimes you just have to laugh.

Leam