[ale] Way-the-hell-and-gone off topic

Lightner, Jeffrey JLightner at dsservices.com
Thu Mar 22 16:56:11 EDT 2018

I often have to explain to wait staff (and some bartenders) that in no way is Captain Morgan's a reasonable substitute for Myers.   If I have to I'll drink Bacardi but as often as not I'll just go with water if I can't find a decent beer or a Myer's.

Oddly when I lived in Grenada (the island - not Mississippi) I couldn't find a decent rum to save my life.   I'd usually drink rum punch (because you couldn't taste how bad the rum was) or Red Stripe beer.   They did have a local liqueur called Le Grenade that was made from nutmet (their chief export) that wasn't bad.   I often wonder if all the good rum got shipped north to the US.