[ale] VPN recommendations?

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Fri Mar 16 08:39:58 EDT 2018

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 08:28:29AM -0400, Jeff Layton via Ale wrote:
> I've thought about VPN solutions for a while since I travel quite a bit. I'd
> like it to have a good number of US connections but also some around the
> world. And of course, I want it to be as fast as possible and not collect
> any of my data (if possible). Any recommendations?

It depends a lot on where you're travelling, and why.

I've been many places that block VPNs entirely, and will also drop SSH
connections if you try to push too much traffic through them.

Your best bet might be something that offers an "SSL VPN" that
essentially tunnels everything over HTTPS.  It was the only way I
could get to Google in China, for example.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Coconut Creek, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^